CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
Science Unbound Foundation
2016 Best Paper Awards
The Science Unbound Foundation, a not-for-profit foundation, has as its mission:
“ Furthering scientific knowledge in the service of health, happiness, and quality of life of humankind through scientific research and education.”
The Science Unbound Foundations’ giving is primarily limited to research and educational activities in the areas of Obesity, Nutrition, and Statistical Science, topics of critical importance to today’s research agenda. The Science Unbound Foundation offers four awards on an annual basis.
The five “Best Paper” awards are for:
- A University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) based investigator in the area of obesity or nutrition.
- A UAB-based investigator in the area of statistical genetics.
- A UAB-based investigator in the area of general statistics.
- A UAB-based student in the area of obesity-related research.
- An investigator affiliated with the New York Obesity Research Center based at St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital and Columbia University in the area of obesity-related research.
The institutions are chosen because of their established strength in this area and demonstrated success in promoting the careers of young investigators on these topics.
To be eligible, applicants must be the first or senior (last) author of a paper published during the year under consideration and not have won the award in the last 2 years. In 2017, awards will be given for papers appearing in peer-reviewed journals in 2016. The competition is open to investigators at all levels. Each award winner will receive a plaque and a cash prize: $1,000 for investigators and $500 for students.
- Self-nominations are acceptable
- Submit a copy of the published paper
- Submit a cover letter of not more than 1 page explaining the importance of the paper and indicating that the nominee played a leadership role in producing the paper.
- Submit to address below by Fri 6/9/2017 at 5:00 pm central time.
David B. Allison PhD – firstname.lastname@example.org
Electronic submissions are encouraged. Winners will be announced by Friday 9/1/2017.